California Applicant Privacy Notice
Purpose of this Notice
In this California Applicant Notice, we describe the personal information that we collect about job applicants for positions with us (“Applicants”). For California residents, this California Applicant Notice is intended to satisfy our applicable notice requirements under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We may provide Applicants additional notices about our data collection practices that are covered by other laws (e.g., if we conduct a background check or extend an employment offer).
Scope of this Notice: This California Applicant Notice applies to the personal information that we collect from and about Applicants, for reviewing, assessing, considering, managing, storing, or processing their applications or otherwise considering them for a position with us (and, ultimately, our clients that seek temporary or permanent employees).
What is personal information? In this California Applicant Notice, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household.
Are our practices the same for all Applicants? The categories of personal information we collect and our use of personal information may vary depending upon the position for which you are applying.
Categories of Personal Information Collected: We may collect the following categories of personal information about Applicants:
- Name, Contact Info and other Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, telephone number, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, and citizenship status.
- Audio/Visual Data: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as, CCTV images and photographs, and audio recordings (e.g., recorded meetings/interviews).
- Employment History: professional or employment-related information.
- Education Information: information about education history or background that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Profiles and Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a resident reflecting the resident’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Health Information: we may collect your temperature, request that you complete a health screen, or otherwise collect information about your well-being.
Purposes for collecting and using personal information: Generally, we use the above categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- Management of Job Applications, Recruiting, and Hiring. To review, assess, recruit, consider or otherwise manage applicants, candidates, and job applications, including:
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Identifying candidates, including by working with job search websites
- Reviewing, assessing, and verifying information provided; to conduct criminal and background checks; and to otherwise screen or evaluate an Applicant’s qualifications, suitability and relevant characteristics
- Extending offers, negotiating the terms of offers, and assessing salary and compensation matters
- Satisfying legal and regulatory obligations
- Communicating with Applicants regarding their applications and about other similar position(s) for which they may be interested
- Maintaining Applicant personal information for future consideration
- Supporting our equal opportunity employment policy and practices
- Security and Monitoring. To monitor and secure our resources, network, premises, and assets, including:
- Monitoring for, preventing, and investigating suspected or alleged misconduct or violations of work rules
- Monitoring for, preventing, investigating, and responding to security and privacy incidents
- Providing and managing access to physical and technical access controls
- Monitoring activities, access, and use to ensure the security and functioning of our systems and assets
- Securing our offices, premises, and physical assets, including through the use of electronic access systems and video monitoring
- Protecting the health and safety of our employees and other visitors to our premises
- Auditing, reporting corporate governance, and internal operations. Relating to financial, tax and accounting audits, and audits and assessments of our business operations, security controls, financial controls, or compliance with legal obligations, and for other internal business purposes such as administering our records retention program.
- M&A and Other Business Transactions. For purposes of planning, due diligence and implementation of commercial transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, asset sales or transfers, bankruptcy or reorganization, or other similar business transactions.
- Defending and Protecting Rights. To protect and defend our rights and interests and those of third parties, including to manage and respond to employee and other legal disputes, to respond to legal claims or disputes, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, or the rights, interests, health or safety of others, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties.
- Compliance with Applicable Legal Obligations. Relating to compliance with applicable legal obligations (such as hiring eligibility, responding to subpoenas and court orders) as well as assessments, reviews, and reporting relating to such legal obligations, including under employment and labor laws and regulations, Social Security and tax laws, environmental regulations, workplace safety laws and regulations, and other applicable laws, regulations, opinions, and guidance.
- Other Business and Commercial Purposes. In addition, we may use the personal information we collect about Applicants for other purposes including identifying other positions that that may be of interest to the applicant.
Contacting Us About this Applicant Notice: If you have any questions or concerns regarding our use of personal information as described in this California Applicant Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.